Wholesale Distributors: Optimize Business Processes With Next Gen Warehouse Management Capabilities in 2019 Release 2
One of the biggest challenges faced by the Wholesale distribution business is its ability to effectively manage its supply chain. Of 623 respondents in Geodis’s 2017 “Supply Chain Worldwide Survey,” only 6% stated that they have “full visibility” into their supply chains.
Lacking a complete picture of the supply chain can have devastating effects. Let’s consider the following case studies:
· Nando’s, a restaurant chain specializing in peri-peri chicken, ran out of chicken in outlets all over England during the New Year’s bank holiday of 2017.
· Toymaker Mattel ,recalled over 1.5 million toys in 2007 due to suppliers outsourcing toy production to firms that used lead paint.
Wholesale distributors face these struggles regularly. These are not limited to zero visibility into supply chain operations, managing complex supply chains across multiple systems and guaranteeing greater transactional velocity and accuracy. NetSuite 2019 Release 2 offers a number of enhancements that drive increased control, visibility and efficiency for wholesale distributors.
Simplify Warehouse Management
Day to day operational warehouse tasks are often completed manually, adding time and introducing potential for errors at each step. With NetSuite 2019 Release 2, wholesale distributors can take advantage of a series of features that help to automate and more easily document warehouse management processes.
· With NetSuite 2019 Release 2, the updated NetSuite WMS mobile solution includes:
o Enhanced picking capabilities like single-order , multi-order and a pick recommendation engine.
o An Order Release feature to control the flow of orders to the warehouse.
o Faster processing, supporting up to 10,000 order lines per day per picking location.
o Customizable WMS screens with no coding required.
· Advanced Manufacturing that offers:
o Production Unit of Measure (UoM) that establishes unit conversions ,so shop floor personnel don’t have to make calculations when recording production amounts.
o Serialized Components that allow manufacturing operators to record assembly build data directly from the shop floor tablet.
o Inventory Status that enables warehouse staff to set aside inventory for specific work orders based on their status.
Get a 360-Degree View of the Supply Chain
In order to be informed and proactive, wholesale distributors must have a handle on activities taking place in the supply chain at all times. Available in NetSuite 2019 Release 2 ,the Supply Chain Control Tower provides a single view of the state of your supply chain that includes:
· Targeted alerts identifying critical supply chain issues that require immediate attention.
· Pre-configured supply chain KPIs to track the overall health of a business’s supply chain.
· A Predicted Risks feature that identifies purchase orders for which delivery may be a concern.
· “What If” scenarios that enable wholesale distributors to simulate the business impact of inventory changes across their global supply chain.
· A Commitment and Allocation Engine that allows businesses to match inventory to customer orders across varying customer types and timelines.
The insights provided by the Supply Chain Control Tower willprovide wholesale distributors with more control over supply chain processes,increasing on-time delivery and optimizing efficiency as a result.
These functions will enable wholesale distributors to speedup existing, tedious processes, expand their view of the warehouse floor andreduce their margin of error at critical areas of the supply chain.
NetSuite 2019 Release 2 Provides the Framework forReal-Time Action
The features available in the latest version of NetSuitewill give wholesale distributors the ability to better understand all aspectsof the supply chain, more easily manage the warehouse floor and take proactive,forward-thinking actions in both places.